Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 2

Week 2: "Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes." Couch to 5k Program

I had to take a week off due to a very bad cold I had last week.  It felt like my lungs were literally on fire and I had no voice for 4 days.  So, back on the horse today.  Today, I started on Week 2 and got my kiddos involved.  The kids had today off so we had girl scouts, making messes, and more playing on the agenda, but by 4:00, I thought, "What are we doing inside?  It is gorgeous out!"  So, we all went outside and played.  We also did "training".  It was fun and the kids loved it.  It was nothing special and we didn't have to go anywhere special.  We just ran/jogged/walked up and down my driveway repeatedly.  The kids were obviously faster than me, but we just high-fived each other as we passed one another, and the babies had a blast trying to decide who to run after.

Most importantly, we had fun!

By the way, I've decided that on my Wednesday training day, I will be doing an hour of zumba.  I feel like I'm still getting the cardio, and I'm switching it up a bit.  Can't hurt, right?

Ok, remember, one foot in front of the other!


No comments:

Post a Comment